Monday 18 July 2011

The beginning of my summer of awesomeness

Well after a period of not blogging I have decided now is the time to start again especially after the amazing things that have happened in the last few weeks.

First to explain the title of this blog.  I have decided that this summer I am going to have the best summer of my life and do things I have always wanted to do and basically make it as awesome as possible.  The last few weeks have been a great start to this.

It all start with a great weekend at Centre Parks with 5 of my bestest friends, Laura, Dale, Kirsty, Lee and Alex.  We had the best time ever chilling out and just spending time together after a year spent apart at university and home.  Memories were made that will stay with us for years to come and the majority of the weekend was spent laughing and with Smiles on our face, though I still think the best thing of the whole time is the woman who swam passed 5 times while we were in the plunge pool getting more and more confused each time before finally telly us we were mad LOL. :)
The next exciting thing to happen was that on the 6th July I went down to London for  2 days for the World Première of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  I have to say it was the most incredible 2 days of my life.  I left Chesterfield at 7.55 am arriving in London for 10.05.  Once there I headed straight for Leicester Square the location of the World Première where I was greeted by over 1000 people, some who had arrived a week earlier.  I then proceeded to join the que in order to get a band for entry into the première the next day, where I met some lovely like minded people to chat to about Harry Potter the whole time.  After over 4 hours of waiting I got to the front of the que where I received my band for the next day.
I went straight into the holding area for all the fans who were staying there till the next day were but it appeared that all the good spots had gone.  I therefore decided to go see a musical as I was in London and I love the theatre so it seemed to good an opportunity to miss.  After searching around I was able to get a ticket for Billy Elliot for only £20 so I bought it and then went a trip to Buckingham Palace and Hamley's toy store before heading back to the theatre.

Billy Elliot was amazing one of the best shows I have seen and all the performances from every cast member, young or old, was fantastic.  After the show finished I headed back to Leicester Square,with my fingers crossed it wouldn't rain, ready to spend the night there with the hundreds of other people who were doing the same thing.  Once there I found a spot got out my sleeping bag and went to sleep while a hive of activity was going on around us getting ready for the next day.  We were very lucky and the rain held off until around 5am when we had all woken up full of adrenalin for the day ahead.

The next 6 hours were then spent entertaining ourselves as we had been told that the people in the area I was stood in would be moved to a different pen with better views at 11am.  This included mass sing-a-longs of Harry Potter puppet pals, A Very Potter Musical and Glee as well as a huge game of Harry Potter Top Trumps using 3 different sets of cards in order for there to enough to go around.  As told at 11 am on the dot we were moved and with lots of people in front of me I expected to still have a really rubbish view, however on reaching our desternation I was able to get a spot on the front row opposite the press and specifically where they were filming things to go on the DVD when it comes out.
We then waited another 5 hours for the Première to start getting more and more excited with the adrenalin that was pumping.  When it started it was just as good as I hoped it would be if not better.  I was able to get 7 of the stars autographs including Rupert Grint, the Phelps Twins, Jessie Cave, Alan Rickman, Helen McCrory and Domhnall Gleeson, as well as also getting my picture taken with James Phelps.  I may have got very wet over the 2 days but I didn't care, the experience was incredible and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
The following Tuesday after the Première was a huge moment for me when I finally Graduated after 3 years of hard work.  It was a really long day with a 3 hour drive there and 3 hour drive back, however it was also a very nice day and was lovely to see everybody again for one last time.  It was especially nice getting to be sat with Sarah and Erica after we all dropped the QTS parts of our degree.  All in all a really nice way to end things though is sad that some people I will probably never see again.
Finally I come to Friday 15th July 2011, the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  Me and my friends all booked to go see the 2.30 showing.  After arriving we picked up our tickets and bought 3D glasses before getting inline to wait to go in to the screen.  I loved the film, which is now my new favourite, and cried at the end sad that it is all over.
This week, with graduation and the release of the final  Harry Potter film, truly marks the end of my Childhood and moving towards an exciting adventure into adulthood and the world of the unknown.  But, you know what, I'm looking forward to it and am sure that it will be just as exciting and fun filed as the first 21 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment